Texas Eagle late

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mp-44

Train Attendant
What seems to be the problem between Dallas and Chicago for it to be late most of the time.I will be coming back on it to connect with the Cardinal on Aug 4th. I had this problem with the CZ last year and ended up taking the LSL to NYC then down the corridor to Was. What a nightmare.

What seems to be the problem between Dallas and Chicago for it to be late most of the time.I will be coming back on it to connect with the Cardinal on Aug 4th. I had this problem with the CZ last year and ended up taking the LSL to NYC then down the corridor to Was. What a nightmare.
Well seems to be running 2 to 3 hrs late when ariving at SAS, looks like it loses a lot of time outside of ILL and never catches up

Looks like an Amtrak train was halted Saturday 75 miles before San Antonio due to flooding stranding 176

Hopefully my trip Thursday will be uneventful

news story Here

Well guess this was West of San Antonio, so that won't affect the 21 a different story

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like an Amtrak train was halted Saturday 75 miles before San Antonio due to flooding stranding 176

news story Here

Well guess this was West of San Antonio, so that won't affect the 21 a different story
Hope the 21 on Jul 27 is running ok, do not like riding a bus all the way to SA. Last time (2 yrs ago after Katrina & freight train rerouting) we ended up on bus @ last minute....it was quite the memorable trip you never want. Filthy bathroom & no food & no stops except @ one closed depot. I like the TRAIN.

news story Here

Hope the 21 on Jul 27 is running ok, do not like riding a bus all the way to SA. Last time (2 yrs ago after Katrina & freight train rerouting) we ended up on bus @ last minute....it was quite the memorable trip you never want. Filthy bathroom & no food & no stops except @ one closed depot. I like the TRAIN.
I guess your leaving one day after me, maybe I can post a report Thursday night

news story Here

I guess your leaving one day after me, maybe I can post a report Thursday night
Ok we got in at 2am yesterday morning and it looks like yours is running late tonight too, best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back