The Obligatory Hello Post

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Opiatephoto

Train Attendant
Here's the standard introduction post.

Hey! I'm a bit of an anachronism. I'm a photographer who does not use digital, prefer the train to any other form of travel, bicycle over car rides, and a myriad of other things that would indicate I was born around 50 years too late.

My first Amtrak experience was the long-gone Floridian on my sixth birth day. Since then, I had taken a long distance train ride in Peru, but not in my home country. Fed up with air travel being expensive and full of security theatre, I changed to the train for my annual Christmas visit back home. The ride on the Zephyr and the City of New Orleans was fantastic, and I'm not going back to air travel unless I leave the country again.

I found this forum when I googled to find something to do in Chicago during the layover and you folks didn't steer me wrong. So here I am, saying thanks and looking forward to learning much more in the future!

Welcome! :hi:

Since you will be traveling on Amtrak quite often, are you yet a member of Amtrak Guest Rewards (AGR)? :huh: If not, you should be! AGR is similar to an airline's FFP. If you do not yet belong to AGR, send me a PM (Private Message - click on the envelope under my name) with your email address, and I'll be glad to refer you to AGR!

I agree with you about air travel. I will not fly unless I have to be there yesterday! That only happened once in the past 7 years!

Back