Thruway bus between Charlottesville Va and Richmond Va

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redbug119

Train Attendant
I am traveling from Chicago (50 Cardinal) via a thruway bus (Charlottesville to Richmond, VA) to Orlando (97 Silver Meteor). I've gone from Orlando to Chicago many times via Wash DC and NY, but never this direction.

Anything I should know about the bus? Is there one side that is better to sit on than the other for scenery? Any hints? Thanks.

I have taken that bus (not Greyhound!) from CVS to RIC several times in the past 5 years and don't recall anything that stood out scenery-wise, either side of the coach worked for me. The coach was newer, very clean and the driver was courteous. Virginia is beautiful wherever you go.

I have done that same trip a few years ago in November. I recall sitting on the left side of the bus and found the ride comfortable and scenic. The leaves were changing at that time and very much enjoyed the trip. The wait in the Richmond station was not terrific, but not awful either.

I hope you can take a day or two in Charlottesville. It is a very beautiful place with so many things to see and do,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back