Ticketing

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GG-1

Engineer
Honored Member
Aloha

Aparently there is a new policy from Amtrak about ticketing. Tickets are mailed out 14 days before trip (this part not new) My trip from Honolulu is 12 days before rail trip so I wont be here when they arrive here. The new part is they want 35.00 extra to send them to my travel agent before I leave. Other trips Amtrak counted from start of trip. Anyway out of this extra charge?

Mahalo

Eric

Pick the tickets up at a QuikTrak machine in the station or from a ticket agent, when you get up here.

That would also be my recommendation. It also makes it easier to change your reservation if changes are necessary before your travel on Amtrak begins.

I have never had any major problem picking tickets up at the station. Make shure you have a photo id though.

This must be a very new policy. I have in my possession tickets for a November trip booked last May. Tickets arrived by mail about 10 days after I booked on line.

The policy is actually not new at all. It's been in effect now for over two years. Superliner Diner got caught by this policy two summers ago, when he went to take a trip. He had the tickets for most of the trip, but one leg was mailed only the day before he left on the trip and didn't of course arrive in time.

So he had to buy new tickets at the train station and then get a refund on the other tickets when he got home from the trip.

However, despite the policy it seems that Amtrak just mails the tickets whenever they get around to doing it. So it's very unpredictable as to when you might see your tickets if you request them to be mailed to you, they could come very early or they may hit the mail as the policy states.

[This must be a very new policy. I have in my possession tickets for a November trip booked last May. Tickets arrived by mail about 10 days after I booked on line. QUOTE]

Same here for my trip in October...

Mahalo Guys

This morning my travel agent advised me they would cover the extra charge. I forwarded your comments so maybe they can not pay also.

Again Mahalo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back