Track Work on the Crescent Route?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

Train Attendant
Sometimes I like to go on Amtrak.com and check the on time status of trains #19 and 20. Today I checked for the status of 19 into Anniston,Alabama and the site said something about the train not running there today. I was curious as to whether they were doing any trackwork on that portion of the Crescent's route. Thanks for any replies

Yes, the actual dates of that have been published but I do not remember them or where I saw ithem

It has been neat to walk or bus by the station after work about 5-ish and see a set of equipment arleady sitting there adjacent to the station.

It makes a pleasant way to end the work day.

At least on those nights it leaves on time!!

I don't think this is suppposed to last long.

Yes, the actual dates of that have been published but I do not remember them or where I saw ithem
It has been neat to walk or bus by the station after work about 5-ish and see a set of equipment arleady sitting there adjacent to the station.

It makes a pleasant way to end the work day.

At least on those nights it leaves on time!!

I don't think this is suppposed to last long.
NS is doing track work and bridge work south of Atlanta from Monday - Thursday until approximately the middle of February, which means that #19 will truncate in Atlanta on those days and #20 will originate in Atlanta during that period. Since NS works 4 ten-hour days on these projects, Friday, Saturday and Sunday will have the Crescent going to New Orleans and #20 will operate according to that same schedule.

NS did track work last year south of Atlanta as well and they were able to finish one week early, but that cannot be determined at this early date.

At least when the Crescent leaves out of Atlanta going north It is usually on time into GNS! If it departs

out of NOL it is usually anywhere from 30 minutes to many hours late.Recently train 20 out of NOL didnt

arrive into GNS until around 4 am OUCH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back