Train#2 today, what happened

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest_Fan_Trains

hey guys.

after checking tonites train #2, i received a service disruption message. does anyone know what happened?

My guess would most likely be the massive amounts of flooding in texas. It caused #1 earlier this week to be 20 hours late.

Trains #1 and #2 are perpetual service disruptions, (thanks to UP) if they ran the trains backwards they'd be on time at least once a day. :rolleyes:

The UP put one of its trains on the ground, and at least one car is leaking some kind of toxic and/or flammable liquid. Several people were killed because of this. (No Amtrak passengers involved, other than those delayed by the line blockage.)

I haven't located any additional details yet...

railman said:
The UP put one of its trains on the ground, and at least one car is leaking some kind of toxic and/or flammable liquid. Several people were killed because of this. (No Amtrak passengers involved, other than those delayed by the line blockage.)
I haven't located any additional details yet...
That DAMN UP train ran into the middle of 1 of our BNSF trains going into the siding our crew radioed the UP dispatcher and said the train they were to meet was going way to fast and then BOOM the enginer and conductor on the UP train were killed.

Hello, had a chance to pop in on my vacation, so I did. We were on the sunset june 19 from SAS to LAX. We were 14 hours late and got bustituted 9 hours from Tucson to LAX. With 3 small kids, it sucked! More to follow in my travel report when I get some computer time to input it. It was quite an adventure to say the least.

According to the printed schedule the eastbound and westbound Sunset Limited should pass through Tucson today (Thursday, July 1), but according to the train status feature on the website:

We're sorry, we don't operate train 1(or 2) on Jul 1. Please modify the train number, or date, or use the "Find My Train" option.
Yesterday's 6:40 AM scheduled arrival at Los Angeles got in at 5:40 PM :rolleyes:

bmlock said:
. We were 14 hours late and got bustituted 9 hours from Tucson to LAX. With 3 small kids, it sucked!
Aloha

This what I hate the most and scares me about the trip in September. If I can't be on a train them I should fly a bus is no fun and takes as longl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back