Train and Truck accident Louisiana

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeker

Service Attendant
WVUE reports a collision with Amtrak train and an 18 wheeler. No updates yet. My guess this is the NB CONO.

Yes looks like #58. They are reporting minor injuries at this time but none on the train. A replacement engine is coming from Nola to continue the trip. Local news says engine lost its lights so will need to be repaired.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now they saying the engineer was taken to the hospital as a precaution. But still say no passengers were taken to a hospital. The engine looked perry banged up so I guess it will need some TLC before it can leave New Orleans.

Train 58 is operating about 5 hours late according to Amtrak Status Reports, etc so should arrive Chicago around 2 PM. That allows 6 hours for turn around. Since most of the OBS is New Orleans based, the arriving 58 OBS do return to NOLA on the 59 at 8:05 PM.

Train 58 is operating about 5 hours late according to Amtrak Status Reports, etc so should arrive Chicago around 2 PM. That allows 6 hours for turn around. Since most of the OBS is New Orleans based, the arriving 58 OBS do return to NOLA on the 59 at 8:05 PM.
Thanks

I am leaving New Orleans Sunday. Saints game at noon. Think I will be delayed much getting to station (in a taxi)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am leaving New Orleans Sunday. Saints game at noon. Think I will be delayed much getting to station (in a taxi)?
Depends on where you are coming from but I would take the airlines advice and plan to arrive 1.5-2 hrs before departure. You can grab a subway sub in the station. It gets very crowded around the station/dome on game day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back