Train in Peru?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennyk

Amtrak Rider
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
I found this while going through old photos. It was taken in 1979 in Peru. We took a train from Puno to Cuzco and then another from Cuzco to Machu Picchu. Could this train be either of those?
Thanks. 8420A519-913E-4E80-8C79-0561E11B7706.jpeg

IIRC there was an episode of the BBC series Great Railway Journeys of the World made about that time where the narrator goes from Cuzco to Macchu Pichu and it is a Diesel hauled train, as is the train up from Lima. He does take a steam hauled train at one point but I don't recall the destination. One of the more interesting episodes of that series. Unfortunately it never made it to DVD but you can find it on YouTube.

IIRC there was an episode of the BBC series Great Railway Journeys of the World made about that time where the narrator goes from Cuzco to Macchu Pichu and it is a Diesel hauled train, as is the train up from Lima. He does take a steam hauled train at one point but I don't recall the destination. One of the more interesting episodes of that series. Unfortunately it never made it to DVD but you can find it on YouTube.

I think that one was with Michael Palin (of Monty Python fame).

Back