Train pictures you might like

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

junebug

Lead Service Attendant
Sorry for not posting sooner. I've been on three cross country Amtrak trips so far.

My favorite one was when I got a rail pass. So much fun. This trip started in Chicago on the Southwest Chief. Stopped at the Grand Canyon for a day. Stopped in L.A for a day to visit with a friend. Then, the Coast Starlight to San Jose for a few days. Next stop, Sacramento and Lake Tahoe for a few days. Then, the Coast Starlight from Sacramento to Seattle to visit with a friend for a day. Next, I took the Empire Builder to Glacier National Park for a few days, then on to Chicago.

Here are a few mostly out the window pictures from that trip:

2011-07-22%252007.53.56.jpg

2011-07-23%252017.30.59.jpg

2011-07-20%252012.50.16.jpg

2011-07-11%252017.54.43.jpg

2011-07-13%252018.59.00.jpg

I have more of these pictures! Don't want to bore you, let me know if you want more.

Junebug

Sure post away. We all like train photos. I'm going to move this over to the reports section.

Thanks, MrFSS! I could only post 5 - is that the rule, 5 pictures per post?

Junebug

Captions for the photos, or other descriptions of some sort, would be helpful. I recognize most of the locations, but a few words would be helpful for those who don't.

Good point, Whooz, thanks! - They have captions on Picasa but that didn't upload with the pix.

Whitefish is a cool little city. I don't remember seeing hutterites in town as much when I was a kid, but I have seen a lot of them in my last couple trips to Montana. It seems like they are wealthier and that they travel more now. Usually Whitefish brings microbreweries, water skiing and mountains to mind, not Anabaptists. They are an interesting group of people, I often wonder how the rest of the country looks from their point of view.

And I think 2584 is the locomotive in Havre. I didn't recognize the 1237 loco, but wiki says it is in Salinas CA. I must have gone right past it without seeing it.

Nice photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back