TRAIN TOO SLOW!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OlympianHiawatha

Engineer
I am enjoying a good listening session on the scanner as at least 2 BNSF Freight Engineers are raising hell about being delayed because the Heartland Flyer is running 40 minutes late and Dispatch wants to get him out of the way. Suddenly the Defect Detector by me alerts TRAIN TOO SLOW, something I have never heard before. I imagine someone in the Big Room in Ft. Worth is sweating this one out.

Stuff like this is worth the investment in a Scanner, especially when it's one of those typical nights when there is slop on TV :)

That just means the train was traveling to slow for the detector to report on the train.

The Dispatcher ended up putting some Turpentine under the Flyer's tail because by the time he got into Norman he was only 20 minutes down and northbound Freights were being thrown into the sidings so they could follow him. Maybe this little session needs to be played back for Norfolk Southern and CSX Dispatchers, especially in Indiana and Ohio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back