Trains 1&2 will not run due to delays

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there anyway for passangers to stay on the train? I know i would rather stay on the train rather then riding a bus, unless i had to be somewhere.

I guess passangers on the annulled one can still take the train to la. :lol: If the delays just getting worse it will be ontime for the next scheduled run(P00113).

Amfleet said:
Looks like P001(13) will arrive early into LAX...a few hours early! :lol: Maybe Amtrak can squeeze this one in for their end of the month OTP rating.
:lol: :lol: Then we have a chance for an actually percentage of otp.

Amfleet said:
Looks like P001(13) will arrive early into LAX...a few hours early! :lol: Maybe Amtrak can squeeze this one in for their end of the month OTP rating.
No because the UP Dispatcher will hold the train short of the depot to allow anything and everything to pass it just to make it a late for PO01(13). B)

I just stopped by the Tucson station on my way home from work. As of 6:30 PM MST the train hadn't arrived yet, but the inspection crew and fuel truck were there waiting for it. They said that all the passengers left at El Paso.

Amfleet said:
Wouldn't that be convienent if P00113 exsisted! It got annulled remember?

battalion51 said:
Amfleet said:
As of latest report it was running 46 hours and 44 minutes late....so its looking to be over 2 days by the time it gets into LAUPT.

battalion51 said:
Amfleet said:
Yeah, well if it really did exist it would pass P0111 right by. :lol:

I looked at the amtrak web site this morning to see what progress it was making to LA. The amtrak web site's response, when I asked it about the train leaving Tucson the 13th for LA was "Train? What Train?" It said the train didn't exist. I am assuming that means that scheduled train was so far back in time that it was purged from the tracking system, but who knows?

I think its time that Amtrak makes some big changes for this route. With having to re-accomadate hundreds of passengers each trip is probably costing the railroad thousands each day.

Yea, it really hurt's me to see the Sunset Limited doing so poorly. It's really hard for my dad and I to catch up with the engineer on this train, he's a good friend of ours. About three weeks ago on a Sunday my dad and I were lucky to see #2. It passed by Sanford 9:35 a.m., almost 12 hours late. I didn't think they would run #2 to Orlando, but they did. And when they brought it back to Sanford I was suprised they had another set ready for #1. I've never seen them use two sets in a day. I got to catch up with the engineer right before the crew was being bused to a Holiday Inn. I hope with UP hiring more engineers it will help the Sunset trim five mins off it's lateness :p . It's been hard watching Amtrak down here with the Sunset, and the meteor/star combo seeing track problems :( . By the way #1 started its journey 30 mins late that day.

GG-1 said:
Aloha
I have followed this thread and one thing confuses me no one has explained why this train has been so delayed. Wasn't there an alternative route around the bridge. Is the train just standing someware. It seem's weird that a solution canot be found. And/or no one wants to fix the problem.
No there is no way to detour around this bridge this bridge was just west of Gulfport MS in a town of Bay St louis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back