Trains Article

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superliner

Train Attendant
There is a good article in the October issue of Trains about the maintenance facilities run by Amtrak at Beech Grove, Wilmington, and Bear. I found it rather fascinating how each shop works.

Superliner said:
There is a good article in the October issue of Trains about the maintenance facilities run by Amtrak at Beech Grove, Wilmington, and Bear. I found it rather fascinating how each shop works.
Just saw that same article. There are some great photos to go along with it.

jccollins said:
Can you copy/paste it here?
It is still on sale, and is a great article. Besides Pictures theres a Superliner Repair list and Diagrams on each facilty's layout.

Viewliner said:
jccollins said:
Can you copy/paste it here?
It is still on sale, and is a great article. Besides Pictures theres a Superliner Repair list and Diagrams on each facilty's layout.
Not to mention that in addition to it being quite difficult to accomplish, it would also be a copyright violation to post it here.

If you don't have a subscription to Trains you should get one, it's a great magazine.

I agree with you, Battalion51. It's a great magazine. It covers all type of railroad- freight and passengers (even commuters) in US and Canada- history, location of tracks, locomotives, cars, etc. Even some readers will post question and the Trains would answer them. I strongly recommend to you to read.

I have every single issue of TRAINS back to its inception about 1940. My subscription is not that old, of course. But I did manage to acquire all the old issues one way or the other. There was an bookstore in my home town which had a stack of back issues. That is how I discovered TRAINS. This book store was across the street from the YMCA, where I took swimming lessons. I think I got to buy a couple of issues every time I mowed the lawn or something like that.

One of TRAINS' long time editors was David Morgan. I actually saw David Morgan on a steam engine excursion one time---wanted to introduce myself to him but was too shy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back