Transfers from Train 98 no longer allowed for most point rewards

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C&O RR

Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
Yesterday you could book

RVR to KCY

taking 98 to NYP, 49 to CHI, then 3 to KCY today it is gone from the web site. I spoke to a AGR supervisor today and she told me that they would not allow this route for points. I have booked this route many times over the last several years and it was allowed yesterday.

They will allow taking 84 to NYP, 49 to CHI, then 3 to KCY

Also gone:

taking 98 to WAS, then 51 to CHI. you still have the bus option from RVR to CVS then board 51.

This seems violate the rules that allow this connection of 98 to 51

They will allow

98 to WAS then connect to 29 to go to CHI.

Seems strange that this has all happened in the last 24 hours.

Yesterday you could book

RVR to KCY

taking 98 to NYP, 49 to CHI, then 3 to KCY today it is gone from the web site. I spoke to a AGR supervisor today and she told me that they would not allow this route for points. I have booked this route many times over the last several years and it was allowed yesterday.

They will allow taking 84 to NYP, 49 to CHI, then 3 to KCY

Also gone:

taking 98 to WAS, then 51 to CHI. you still have the bus option from RVR to CVS then board 51.

This seems violate the rules that allow this connection of 98 to 51

They will allow

98 to WAS then connect to 29 to go to CHI.

Seems strange that this has all happened in the last 24 hours.
What dates? Soon or in the future? Just wondering if the derailment in NC and the subsequent delays may be playing a role in this.

I called AGR at 11:55 p.m. to try to book RVR to KCY going through NYP. Agent said it was not a published route on his computer screen. I told him that the route was there yesterday, we talked about other options when at 12:03 a.m. the route appear on his screen.

I guess the Amtrak software caught a 24-hour bug.

Back