Transportation in Pontiac, MI

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deni

Lead Service Attendant
I'm going to have to go to Pontiac, MI on a regular basis for my job and I'm wondering about transportation in the area getting to/from the train station. I'm transit savvy and taking the bus is no problem for me, especially if I'm strategic about my hotel choices.

But, there may be times I'm taking the late train from Chicago that gets to Pontiac after 1am and I'm wondering if there are taxis at Pontiac (or the Amshack at Birmingham which could be a station I use due to nearby hotels) when the train arrives or if you need to arrange in advance?

Thanks

While I can't speak for certain (I live in Ann Arbor, and so never really go east on the Wolverine). I would doubt you could get a bus for the late arrival. Taxis might be available. But what I would do regardless is to contact the hotel, a lot of hotels off a shuttle bus service (usually to & from the airport) but they may be willing to pick you up from the station as well, especially hotels that are further away from the airport as they usually run their shuttles on an as-need basis (rather then the big hotels near the airports, that can run them more like a bus service).

peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back