Traveling With an Infant

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jody

Hi everyone,

I've never traveled by train before, and I'm contemplating a 3 day trip with my 3-month-old. Have any of you traveled with a child that small? I'm not sure where she would sleep, and I'm concerned about the length of the trip. Does anyone have any helpful hints for me? Right now I'm considering getting the Standard Sleeper and getting a "Moses Basket" for her to sleep in - we don't cosleep because I roll around a lot in my sleep, but I figure having the Moses Basket to put her in would prevent me from rolling onto her.

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can give me!

Hi,

Take a look at the bed size of the standard sleeper - I think it is 24 inches wide? Do you think that the width of the basket would allow for you to sleep on the bed with her?

How tall are you? Do you have an infant carrier type car seat? Does she sleep well in it? If so and you are not real tall it may work to have her in the infant carrier at your feet or head in a standard sleeper.

A deluxe sleeper would have room for her on the floor in an infant carrier or a basket but I think I would feel safer using the infant carrier as the train moves around (sways) a lot and an infant carrier is much sturdier and she could be strapped in. The standard sleeper would not have room on the floor for the basket or carrier.

hi, i'll be traveling with a 7 month old and a 2 year old in Dec from Lincoln, Ne to Sparks, NV. I've got a standard sleeper for the 3 of us. I couldn't afford the other types. Im excited to be traveling on the train. I've been on one from Berlin to (i think) Munich Germany in 96.. SO its been a while since i've traveled.. I'm hoping my son will enjoy the trip and make it kinda painless for me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back