Travelling from NYC Port Authority to NYP

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty easily walkable, but if you'd like a subway ride in there, one of the Broadway lines would probably be your best bet to reduce your walking. I guess it all depends on how much luggage you'll be hauling.

On arriving at Port Authority, head EAST on 42nd Street to Times Square, and enter the subway, follow the signs for the (N) ® and (Q) lines (yellow circles with black letters) and pick up the train headed towards Downtown. You'll only be going one stop though to 34th Street.

You can also bus it, but I can't recall for the life of me which line - M3 or M5 perhaps.

The correct subway is the Eighth Avenue line from 42nd to 34th (Penn Station). Trains A, C, or E. Fare $2. Walk is about 15 minutes.

PRR 60 said:
The correct subway is the Eighth Avenue line from 42nd to 34th (Penn Station). Trains A, C, or E. Fare $2. Walk is about 15 minutes.
PRR60 is correct, the best subway is the 8th Ave line. You're going way out of your way to reach the 7th Ave line. If one is in the Port Authority building, just take the escalator closest to 8th Ave down to the lower level and walk directly into the 8th Ave line. No need to even go outside and get wet, if it's raining.

If you are arriving on Martz, they normally arrive on a mid-level just below the main level. You'll need to go upstairs to the main level, walk straight towards 8th Ave, and then go back down the escalator just past a big newsstand in the middle of the walkways. That escalator will lead right into the subway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back