trip to beantown

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this was my first time on a "gathering", and i had some idea of what to expect, as my son, with whom i traveled, enthusiastically described what might be.

i'm fast becoming an honest to g'd rail fan in my own rite for many reasons, the primary being, the wonderful people i met in the group during our brief sojourn. i'd developed a full blown sinus infection by the time i left, and tried not to let it dampen my spirits.

we left from the cleveland station on thursday morning, (my first time out of there), and i must say i prefer the alliance stop, for sheer convenience alone. we traveled coach 'til albany where we changed to a sleeper. i must say the coach accommodations were more than adequate. i'm a large gal, and i never felt cramped as a larger passenger, which unfortunately is always the case when i fly.

i will tell you i was thrilled to reach 150 miles an hour aboard the acela trip. i had no idea what that would feel like. i imaged "top gun" and terrible g-force, but it was as sleek and comfortable as sitting in a living room chair in front of my tv. the scenery that was so lovely on the slower moving trains, was the only sacrifice, as the pastoral countryside became a blur as the train reached top speed.

i had never been to this part of the country so i was happy to have the time to take a brief jaunt down the freedom trail, quincy market and aboard the u.s.s. constitution.

we had two dinners out in the evening, the first which was delightful in every way, and the second, well, disappointing, due to the tragic lack of service. the good company more than compensated for the aforementioned, and i was more than ready to hit the hay after putting many miles on the dogs...

the trip was highly successful due to the extraordinary planning of alanb, mrffs and anthony. without the tireless and unselfish dedication to the task it hand, there would have been many lost sheep, myself included. i thank them for their kindness, knowledge and energies, without them the trip, that i so enjoyed, simply would not have been. i look forward to future gatherings, as a chance to get to know some of the great people i had the privledge to meet this time around. please look me up on facebook if any of my new train comrades would like to stay in touch. i welcome it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back