Triple points + Amtrak California = ridiculous value

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadfool

Train Attendant
Racking up AGR points somewhere between Fresno and
Just wanted to throw out a reminder to my fellow Cali AUers of how great this current promotion is.

Ok, the loophole trips got more expensive, but the 1000 point special routes still have to be one of the best travel values anywhere. Just for doing 2 round-trips today, I earned a free trip basically anywhere in the state plus Reno and Vegas (yay for Thruway connections) and I'm already 1/5 of the way to the next one. Not a bad trade there - $18 and a few boring hours in Hanford for a Vegas trip later in the year. :D

Just wanted to throw out a reminder to my fellow Cali AUers of how great this current promotion is.
Ok, the loophole trips got more expensive, but the 1000 point special routes still have to be one of the best travel values anywhere. Just for doing 2 round-trips today, I earned a free trip basically anywhere in the state plus Reno and Vegas (yay for Thruway connections) and I'm already 1/5 of the way to the next one. Not a bad trade there - $18 and a few boring hours in Hanford for a Vegas trip later in the year. :D
I wholeheartedly agree! I've done the Vegas run a couple of times now and it was ok. The bus part is a bus but the view is great. The reward value is hard to beat.

Back