Triple Points Promotion

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColdRain&Snow

Lead Service Attendant
As an AGR newbie, I am still ramping up on how things work and find this sub-forum to be so very helpful. I do have a question about the triple points promo...

A few months ago, before the promo was announced, I booked a trip on the Empire Builder for 5/27 - 5/29, so the travel dates fall within the window. I have just registered for the promotion today on the AGR site. Since I booked the trip before the promotion, will I still get the triple points for taking it (or do you have to first register, then book to get them?)? Thanks much.

I called AGR and asked an agent that very question. I booked a trip before the promotion came out that falls within the time frame for the triple points. She told me "Absolutely!" So that was good news!
Great to hear that, thanks for the response JayPea! Our trips will be here before we know it.

I called AGR and asked an agent that very question. I booked a trip before the promotion came out that falls within the time frame for the triple points. She told me "Absolutely!" So that was good news!
Great to hear that, thanks for the response JayPea! Our trips will be here before we know it.

That's half the fun of it: looking forward to the trips!

Yes, the only important item is the travel dates. Booking dates, and for that matter even the date that you registered for the promo, have no bearing. You could have registered for the promo 2 weeks after you took the trip and AGR's computers would have retroactively posted the points on the night you regsitered for the promo. I've actually done this in the past.

Back