Two completely unrelated questions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kt1i

Train Attendant
Trip in less than two weeks! :)

1. On the LSL viewliner Sleeper is there any luggage storage other than the "hole" above the toilet in the room? I may check my large bag from SPG-CHI.

2. Has anyone had experience with the WiFi on the CS PPC car? I think that it's just in the PPC if I read it correctly.

1. On the LSL viewliner Sleeper is there any luggage storage other than the "hole" above the toilet in the room? I may check my large bag from SPG-CHI.

2. Has anyone had experience with the WiFi on the CS PPC car? I think that it's just in the PPC if I read it correctly.
1. You didn't say if it was a roomette or a bedroom. If it is a roomette, then the cubby-hole above the hallway is the only luggage space. However, if you are traveling alone, you can use the upper (or lower) bunk to store your baggage as well. If you are in a bedroom, then the cubbyhole is twice as large and there is a rack above the bathroom unit. Much more space.

2. I was on the CS last week and even though they advertised WiFi (signs everywhere for it on the train), it had not been installed yet. They are still having problems with it.

Yes it's a roomette to clarify things. I think that I will check the big bag.

Maybe they will get the WiFi working, not a big deal, but would be interesting.

1. You didn't say if it was a roomette or a bedroom. If it is a roomette, then the cubby-hole above the hallway is the only luggage space. However, if you are traveling alone, you can use the upper (or lower) bunk to store your baggage as well. If you are in a bedroom, then the cubbyhole is twice as large and there is a rack above the bathroom unit. Much more space.

2. I was on the CS last week and even though they advertised WiFi (signs everywhere for it on the train), it had not been installed yet. They are still having problems with it.
Was on the CS last Friday and Saturday and the PPC had wi-fi working now and then. There were places where it didn't work. They said if you could get a phone 3-4G signal the wi-fi would work. Several folks had their laptops out and were checking email, etc.

I was on the CS s/b this last Monday and wi-fi no worky (at least while I was aboard, TAC-SJC).

It almost sounds like it varies by individual install on the PPCs. :(

How fast was the wi-fi on the CS? I have found the wifi on the acela between PVD and points south to about Stamford to be completely unusable it was so slow. I was unable to use this site at all, it kept timing out. It picked up from NYP to PHL.

How fast was the wi-fi on the CS? I have found the wifi on the acela between PVD and points south to about Stamford to be completely unusable it was so slow. I was unable to use this site at all, it kept timing out. It picked up from NYP to PHL.
I would expect it to be about 79mph. :rolleyes: :lol: :rolleyes: Sorry couldn't resist.

Aloha

I would expect it to be about 79mph. :rolleyes: :lol: :rolleyes: Sorry couldn't resist.

Aloha
Sounds pretty fast to me!! :lol: :lol:

I was on the CS twice in the last couple of weeks and it didn't work either time. You get a strong signal, and it connects, but can't reach any websites. Everyone else was having the same problem. Conductor said that the problem had been reported but nothing done yet. PPC attendant said that hadn't worked at all that he knew of, since implementation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back