Uh Oh_I am asking an airport question on here

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Haithcoat

Engineer
Honored Member
My sister and I may soon be going to Lakeland, Fla.

We will fly into either Orlando or Tampa and take some sort of ground transportation. I will not be renting a car, thank you.

While I am of course researching this shuttle, limo, etc service myself, I would certainly appreciate any suggestions. Which airport to use and how best to get to Lakeland from it.

Thanks in advance. In years past I used some sort of ground service out of Tampa, but it was to a location much closer in than Lakeland. (and I don't remember the name of it )

You can always take the Silver Star from Orlando-if you're willing to wait for it (only runs daily). To get from the airport to the Amtrak station, take the LYNX 11 bus, which will deposit you outside the Orlando Regionbal Medical Center, 2 blocks east of Amtrak. You can't take the train from Tampa because Amtrak doesn't carry local passengers between Tampa and Lakeland.

Honestly, I would probably fly into Tampa, since it's closer to Lakeland. Then I'd look into a shuttle service such as Mears or some sort of other transportation company, there are numerous here in the Central Florida, but Mears seems to dominate the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back