Union Pacific 150th Anniversary Train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:hi: Nice Video Stan! Thanks for Posting! Ill be down to the Station here in Austin in the AM to pick up tickets and visit this Jewel :wub: ! Too bad about 844, :( but none of us is getting any Younger! -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jim for posting that. Looks like it picked up some extra cars with the E-9's. I guess it's also back on schedule as of tomorrow. 844 is 'toast' according to the UP web site.

No. 844 will not be able to make it to Union Pacific's 150th Anniversary Celebrations in Texas, despite the steam crew's efforts to address mechanical issues. While there is no substitute for the Living Legend, our E-9 Streamliner engines will lead the UP 150 Express to celebrations in the Lone Star State. We're sure you will enjoy the sleek 1950's engines, as history rolls through your town. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates.

If UP 844 didn't make it to Taylor, where is it sitting currently with a flat tire? I remember it was last running through Athens, TX which is very close to Dallas. If it is sitting somewhere there I might drive down and take a few pictures.

If UP 844 didn't make it to Taylor, where is it sitting currently with a flat tire? I remember it was last running through Athens, TX which is very close to Dallas. If it is sitting somewhere there I might drive down and take a few pictures.
Now at Hearne, TX. Watch the twitter feed. The automatic posts are from 844, some of the manual posts are from the anniversary train that is following the schedule. 844 appears to be on the way to someplace, traveled south from Corsicana to Hearne yesterday.

Now at Hearne, TX. Watch the twitter feed. The automatic posts are from 844, some of the manual posts are from the anniversary train that is following the schedule. 844 appears to be on the way to someplace, traveled south from Corsicana to Hearne yesterday.
Damn, its sitting in the middle of nowhere and far too south from Dallas to drive down to see it. Some other time I guess. :(

Back