Union Station CHI

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyJim

Train Attendant
The wife and I will be taking the EB on 09/22/13 ( Sunday ).

1st time to Chicago

Would like to take the Orange Line from MidWay to Union Station. Will have 2 backpacks and I midsize suitcase (rollers)

Questions

1 Will the stairs at Quincy Station be a big problem with the larger suitcase.

2 Where do we enter Union Station to check in for Amtrak

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
The stairs are fairly narrow, with room for 2 people to pass side-by-side only IIRC. If you are capable of carrying/handling the suitcase down fairly narrow stairs, it won't be a problem. If you are worried, though, you could take the Orange Line one stop farther to Washington/Wells, where there are elevators, although that would mean a longer walk to Union Station.

As far as entering Union Station, any entrance will work. Coming from Quincy/Wells, you will need to walk about 3 blocks west on either Adams or Jackson. Immediately after crossing the river, there will be an entrance to Union Station. Once inside there is signage indicating the way to Amtrak trains. For the Empire Builder you are going to eventually want to end up either in the Gate A/B area or in the Metropolitan Lounge (if you are traveling in a sleeper).

Thanks for the info Eric. I think we will go with your idea an use the next stop at Wells and take the elevators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back