UP is in a melt down

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I would go to work for UP except for two problems, first I'm not 21 (and therefore couldn't go into Engine Service), and secondly I think I'd rather play Russian Roulette. :lol:

battalion51 said:
Hmm, I would go to work for UP except for two problems, first I'm not 21 (and therefore couldn't go into Engine Service), and secondly I think I'd rather play Russian Roulette. :lol:
:lol: :lol: They would probably put you as a brakeman even if you came in as a certified class 1 engineer. :lol:

Just out of curiosity Matt, where are you qualified to work to out of your crew base?

battalion51 said:
Just out of curiosity Matt, where are you qualified to work to out of your crew base?
We just run east to NOLA execpt when we dog catch trains we can go west of Lake Charles La to get the trains.I have been out of these limits once before to get a train just outside of Orange TX.Our pool turns just go from Lafayette to NOLA and back which i am on right now 1st out all day just waiting to get called when ever these trains get here. :lol:

BNSF_1088 said:
#2 didn't get into Avondale La untill 0310 Apr 28 2004 i meet #2 at the W Yd Sw Avondale this is due to UP's Melt down what a shame :angry:
:angry: :angry: :(

BNSF_1088 said:
battalion51 said:
That's better than starting 13-14 on 2.
Yea and it's only getting worse :angry:
They may end upa nnuling it in NOL. :eek: :angry: :angry: To bad amtrak dose not have enought equipment for days like taht so they can make a shuttle trian from NOl-ORl.

If it wasn't so sad it would be funny, today's Sunset Limited, scheduled to have arrived at LA's Union Station at 6:40 AM is: :unsure:

As of the last report at 5:49 PM, at Palm Springs-Rail Sta., CA, it was running 14 hours and 27 minutes late
There was an article in the New York Times about a month ago detailing the multitude of factors afflicting the UP.

It's gonna get worse before it gets better. Freight traffic is expected to peak late Summer- early Fall when all the containers from Asia are heading to a mall near you for Santa and the elves.

Anybody remember when we used to make stuff here in the USA? :blink:

I interviewed with UP a couple of years ago. There were about 10 of us for a couple spots. I was the only one currently working and the only one with experience and I did not get the job. No I do not have a record and am not an idiot :wacko: I was thrown a bit by the questions they asked though. They asked basic electrical questions which I know, but not off the top of my head, so therefore appeared dumb: which I sensed. I explained my situation i.e. I thought you would ask about wheel slip or ground relays or something pertenent. You can calculate voltage, amperage, and resistance all day and it won't fix one locomotive anywhere. I guess I'm better off not having got the job B) At any rate, it goes to show you that they have several problems--granted, nobody else runs perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back