UP track work could affect Sunset LTD

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When i went into work yesterday there was talk of UP replaceing track from Iowa Jct West and the line would be shut down from 8am to 5pm for the gangs to work this could affect the Sunset LTD big time the work is going to start in September.

Somehow I don't see this affecting the on time percentage for the SL in the least bit...

Would it be feasible to take an alternate path or two and bus pax from existing stations that would be bypassed? Of course it would mean getting engineers and conductors certified on the new routes, or paying for pilots, I suppose. And you would expect that any alternate paths would also be clogged with freight. One would suppose that Amtrak has already looked at any available stuff like that, but...... ??

QUOTE (Guest @ Fri, Jul 16, 2004, 03:18 PM)
Somehow I don't see this affecting the on time percentage for the SL in the least bit...
Yup...I'm with this guy.
Having achieved zero percent on time performance it can't get worse, except, of course, for the average delayed arrival, which I'm told was almost 7 hours at LAX last month. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back