Updating the condition of the Amtrak conductor shot in Naperville...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This also from the Chicago Tribune, June 1, 2017:

The Amtrak conductor shot as he stood on the rail platform of the Naperville train station faces multiple surgeries and months in the hospital before he can be released, a doctor said Wednesday. Dr. David Piazza, medical director of trauma surgery at Edward Hospital in Naperville, said Michael Case, 45, of Homewood, will have a "long hard slog" on his road to recovery. "He's going to be out of commission for six to nine months," Piazza said.
Chicago Tribune

I pray for that conductor, to have a successful recovery. So sad that some random person, would stupidly shoot an Amtrak conductor like that!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a praying man but I do genuinely hope that some day average Americans will have enough moral strength and mental fortitude to push back against those who insist on maintaining casual access to lethal weaponry.

This also from the Chicago Tribune, June 1, 2017:

The Amtrak conductor shot as he stood on the rail platform of the Naperville train station faces multiple surgeries and months in the hospital before he can be released, a doctor said Wednesday. Dr. David Piazza, medical director of trauma surgery at Edward Hospital in Naperville, said Michael Case, 45, of Homewood, will have a "long hard slog" on his road to recovery. "He's going to be out of commission for six to nine months," Piazza said.
Chicago Tribune
I loved the doctor's suitcase analogy when describing what it's like to get shot in the abdomen. That's a great way to describe it.

I'm not a praying man but I do genuinely hope that some day average Americans will have enough moral strength and mental fortitude to push back against those who insist on maintaining casual access to lethal weaponry.
Well DA, I have wanted to take a shot at your opinions many times but I have refrained. As always you make good sense, or not.. I do own guns and am a veteran and will CASUALLY shoot back if I am threatened. Let us please get back to talking about our beloved trains please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back