Upgrade Tip of the Day

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxjim

Service Attendant
I am taking a trip soon from PDX to Denver via SAC. I had a roomette booked on the CS and the CZ. Something made me look up the price again today and I discovered a very cheap price for a bedroom on the CZ.

I called reservations and asked them how much to upgrade and she said "nothing"! I had paid the exact same price for my roomette and she switched me easily to bedroom B.

She explained that a travel agency had booked a block of rooms and the bedroom had just been released. She told me that the inventory for rooms is updated each morning at 1:00am Pacific time.

I am a VERY happy traveler!

Jim in PDX

I am taking a trip soon from PDX to Denver via SAC. I had a roomette booked on the CS and the CZ. Something made me look up the price again today and I discovered a very cheap price for a bedroom on the CZ.
I called reservations and asked them how much to upgrade and she said "nothing"! I had paid the exact same price for my roomette and she switched me easily to bedroom B.

She explained that a travel agency had booked a block of rooms and the bedroom had just been released. She told me that the inventory for rooms is updated each morning at 1:00am Pacific time.

I am a VERY happy traveler!

Jim in PDX
:cool: Good snag! :hi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back