US DOT Official Plan

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why don't we, instead, nationalise the interstate rail system and subsidise it, as we do with the interstate highway system and the interstate air transit system?

This carefully orchestrated peice of Mineta tripe has been around for a couple of months. It is nothing less than the Administrations plan for total and complete shutdown of long distance, intercity rail passenger service. OR as many preachers would say, "A lie straight from the pits of Hell!"

GG-1 said:
Aloha
I thought I knew how to read but after that what did they say?
Yeah some of it didn't make sense. Pretty much Mineta's proposal, only saying corridors are the only way to go. Yeah, corridors really are going to work in Northern Montana. right....oh and don't forget no one rides Amtrak in those area either.....

I don't get it. It seems to be more complicated than the original legislation that created it. I think that it's just a method to dismantle Amtrak masquerading as a way to "save" it.

The level of doublespeak on the DOT website amazes me, and I've seen a lot of it.

We can throw billions of dollars at the highway system, at the airport/ATC system, give the airlines a few billion in subsidies, but we can't find the money for passenger rail?

Something's wrong. Very wrong.

Back