Use of Walker

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PJRACER

Service Attendant
Planning a trip next August utilizing the bus, the Silver Meteor, the Capitol Limited and the Empire Builder. I use a walker from time to time, but I am able to climb steps, etc. The walker is mainly for balance and back pressure (and will be used to carry on baggage). When I go to the ticket agent in St. Petersburg to book the trip....would it be adviseable to bring my parking placard registration and signed doctor application for said parking placard? Will there be any price consideration given, and if I want to book a roomette, will they inflate the price for handicapped. Not exactly sure how all that works. Thanks everybody.

Good news you qualify for the H-room(handicap room) It is a much bigger room, but the same price as a roomette. Why deidn't you say so in the first place? Just mention to the agent of your requirements and have your documents ready to show when you purchase your tix.Now get off the pot and buy those tix!

Good news you qualify for the H-room(handicap room) It is a much bigger room, but the same price as a roomette. Why deidn't you say so in the first place? Just mention to the agent of your requirements and have your documents ready to show when you purchase your tix.Now get off the pot and buy those tix!
A couple of reasons.....finances, and I can't think of the other. We plan on buying the $389 Rail Pass for each of us and see what available at that time for "H" rooms.

A couple of reasons.....finances, and I can't think of the other. We plan on buying the $389 Rail Pass for each of us and see what available at that time for "H" rooms.
Just a reminder... if the H-rooms aren't requessted 2 weeks(???) prior to scheduled departure, they are open to the public at the present bucket and anyone can purchase regardless of hardships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back