Valentine's Sale

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daybeers

Conductor
Two weeks after the start of the last NEC sale, Amtrak has a great network-wide buy one, get one sale February 9-16 for travel March 1-August 31! Some fares are really quite good, and though it requires two people, some fares per person are as good or even better than last year's 50% off max of $50 50th anniversary sale! NYC-Chicago for $45 each, Chicago-Emeryville $70.50 each, LA-Seattle $50.50 each, DC-Philly $9 each, even the Acela fares are good at $40 each DC-NYC. My mind is racing with where to go! No blackout dates and the only excluded routes are the Pennsylvanian, Keystone (which seem to both be excluded from all sales, probably some state funding thing), and Auto Train, as well as 7000-8999 Thruways.

Terms & conditions are below:
  • For Sale: February 9 - 16, 2022
  • For Travel: March 31 - Aug 31, 2022
  • Use discount code V214 when booking via the Amtrak app.
  • No blackout dates.
  • Fares are one way (adult) and no additional discounts apply.
  • Full fare adult and companion must travel together and be booked in the same reservation.
  • Valid for travel on all service except Auto Train, Pennsylvanian, Keystone Service and 7000-8999 Thruways.
  • Valid for Acela Business Class and coach travel only.
  • Upgrades to sleepers are not allowed.
  • Space is limited, not available on all trains at all times.
  • Once ticketed, fares are non-refundable; exchanges are permitted prior to scheduled departure.
  • Change fees are waived for reservations made by April 30, 2022.
  • Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary allowed.
  • Other terms and conditions apply.

I have several companion coupons I never use being I travel solo most of the time. I am hoping for a sleeper sale where the second person does not have to pay Coach fare. I will be traveling with my wife on the CS in July.

i am retired. My wife still works. Glad she doesn't mind me taking Amtrak trips alone.

I have several companion coupons I never use being I travel solo most of the time. I am hoping for a sleeper sale where the second person does not have to pay Coach fare. I will be traveling with my wife on the CS in July.

i am retired. My wife still works. Glad she doesn't mind me taking Amtrak trips alone.

Companion coupons should work with sleeper fares now (where there's no rail fare charged for the second person when using a companion coupon.) Might be a way to use those coupons up a bit more at least.

The Pennsy and Keystones ALWAYS get the shaft. Both services are subsidized by PennDOT.

It’s weird how the Empire Service and Adirondack don’t get excluded. These services are supported by NYSDOT.

Just got this today in an email..
Limited-time offer: Book by February 16 and travel with the one you love
Ready to plan your next getaway? Now through February 16, buy one ticket and bring someone special for free for travel March 1 – August 31, 2022.

Book your trip on Amtrak.com to apply the discount. You can plan with confidence, as Amtrak is waiving change fees for bookings made through April 30. Not available on all routes. Terms and conditions apply.​
So we have a cross-country train trip already booked for July...... Do I have a chance of taking advantage of this for any of it? Or because it's already booked, am I out of luck. Just looking to see if I could save some money

Just got this today in an email..
Limited-time offer: Book by February 16 and travel with the one you love
Ready to plan your next getaway? Now through February 16, buy one ticket and bring someone special for free for travel March 1 – August 31, 2022.

Book your trip on Amtrak.com to apply the discount. You can plan with confidence, as Amtrak is waiving change fees for bookings made through April 30. Not available on all routes. Terms and conditions apply.​
So we have a cross-country train trip already booked for July...... Do I have a chance of taking advantage of this for any of it? Or because it's already booked, am I out of luck. Just looking to see if I could save some money
Call Amtrak.They should honor the sale and refund you the difference

Yes, the companion coupons work with sleepers. If you aren't going to use them before they expire, remember there's always the upgrade thread for offering them up. Transferring coupons to others is allowed, but not for any monetary value.
The Pennsy and Keystones ALWAYS get the shaft. Both services are subsidized by PennDOT.

It’s weird how the Empire Service and Adirondack don’t get excluded. These services are supported by NYSDOT.
I think it's a PennDOT decision. The Downeaster is included, as are the California, North Carolina, Midwest, and Vermonter services.

I have a prior booking for Amtrak on Mar 22 (BOS-PHL) on the 11:05 am leaving Boston. (2163 Acela). I am traveling solo (actually headed back to PA after a Boston visit). Is there a way to add another person to the existing reservation by calling Amtrak. The alternative would be for me to get Amtrak to cancel my original booking, give me travel credit (or voucher) and then hopefully get them to book a new reservation same dates for 2 adults. That should work right? As of now I have a "spot" technically open on Acela, in theory.

Now the question is: anyone interested in that spot? *

* Rule 6.4

I would see what the website or app allows you to do first, as sometimes there's no need to call. However, make sure to look up the fares before you do so. The sale is good, but technically it is "as low as", so if a train is full enough, the sale price for BOGO won't be offered.

Back