Vermonter Style train in Chicago

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

battalion51

Engineer
I was in Chicago this past weekend and was watching the yard action from the Roosevelt Rd. bridge just south of the station. About six o'clock a trainset came down to yards from the station with 4 Horizon Coaches, an Amfleet I Cafe, and a P-42 (26 and 127) on either end. Anyone have an idea as to what train this is?

Except for the 2 P-42s, it sounds like a typical push-pull consist that run on some of the corridor runs such as Chicago to Detroit service. Except usually push pull service has an old engineless f-40 used as the cab control car. I guess it could be possible that one of these old f-40's could have been bad ordered and they stuck a p-42 in it's place.

I'm with AmtrakMichigan on this, most likely it was a Detroit train, probably #353.

There is no way it could have been the Ann though, as it's not due arrive into Union Station from KC until 7:45 PM, so it couldn't have been moving into the yard at 6:00 PM.

It was the Sunset Limited, taking a small detour and trading in its Superliner Equipment.

Guest said:
It was the Sunset Limited, taking a small detour and trading in its Superliner Equipment.
:lol: The up dispatcher thought it was the right route. :lol:

engine999 said:
Guest said:
:lol: The up dispatcher thought it was the right route. :lol:
Who knows, it might show up in LA on time for once by going through Chicago. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back