Very Brief Summary Chico/Chicago/New Orleans Trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

denmarks

Train Travel Enthusiast
I just returned from my Chico, Chicago, New Orleans and return trip. I will give a very brief summary.

Food and wait staff was great. A couple from England and one from Ireland told me that it was much better than any trains in Europe.

Sleeper car attendants very attentive. Sometimes too much for me.

Ride was very smooth in some places but the majority of the ride was very rough, especially the southern half of the City of New Orleans.

Too much waiting on freight trains. A couple of hours in one place.

Arrival/Departure status

Chico, CA depart on time (thruway bus)

Sacramento arrive on time

Sacramento depart 1 hour late (cz)

Chicago arrive 4 hours late

Chicago depart 1 hour late (cono)

New Orleans arrive 1 hour late

New Orleans depart on time (cono)

Chicago arrive 1 hour late

Chicago depart 1 hour late (cz)

Sacramento arrive 5 hours late

Sacramento depart 2 hours late (thruway bus)

Chico arrive 2 hours late

Made all connections due to the late departure of connecting trains/buses.

denmarks said:
Food and wait staff was great. A couple from England and one from Ireland told me that it was much better than any trains in Europe.
Welcome back! Too bad the trains here can't be as punctual as their European counterparts :lol: :)

Aloha

Welcome back Denmarks. Glad to see your connections worked. I take a similar trip Sept. I traveml north on 14 to EMY, East to CHI on 6, South to NOL on 59. For a conference on Sept 19.

I fly in and out of LA for some personal time with family. befor and after the conference. Most of my past rail trips hav followed the conference so I never woried about delays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back