VIA's fares Vs Amtrak's

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MontanaJim

Service Attendant
Im a budget, coach class traveler. Ive been searching prices for possible VIA travel in the future. I see many VIA prices are way too high for people like me. $400.00 to travel coach class on the canadian? Sleeper makes it near a thousand. Boy i sure hope its one of the great trains of the world at that price.

Meanwhile, I am able to go around the country on Amtrak for $400.00.

Montana Jim,

While I am not a moderator myself, nor am I a leading # poster, I have been around the board a while and consider myself an active user. I enjoy anwsering and reading your many questions, but if possible, could you please try and keep the number of seperate topics down. Maybe, if you would, try and ask a lot of your questions in just one or two of the threads that you have started recently. Thank you! :)

In terms of this question, yes, I have also noticed this on VIA. Keep your eyes open though, sometimes you can get lucky on a promotional code or something of that nature. There are some other guys on the board that will have more info about VIA then I do.

Try the Ocean from Montreal to halifax. 24 hour trip depending on the day of the week it will be Herritage equipment with a dome or the new European cars. This trip by rail standards is cheap. A roomette or bunk for about 169 US last time I checked.

Back