Viewliner Bag-Dorm layout

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NativeSon5859

Conductor
is there a diagram of the V2 Bag-Dorm somewhere?

I have room 1 in the 1909 car out of NYP in a few weeks. It’ll be my first time in a V2 so I’m looking forward into it. Many, many nights spent in V1s over the years so I figured a change will be nice.

The best I could find for you right now is this
Source: AMTRAK CAF VIEWLINER 2 INTERIORS
1681600216985.png

and this old post on the forum.
Source: Viewliner II Bag-Dorm roomettes
I was finally able to travel on the Bag Dorm car a few weeks ago on the Cardinal!

The Bag Dorm cars have 9 rooms (3 were occupied by crew - one for the car attendant, one for the coach attendant, and one for the cafe attendant). One room was stuffed with linens. This means of the 9 rooms, at most 5 rooms in the car could actually be available for revenue sale, maybe 6 if they could put the linens somewhere else. It looked like there is a linen closet by the door to the baggage area, although I'm not sure.

Just like the regular VL2 cars, it has 2 communal bathrooms and 1 shower for the whole car. The baggage area was hidden with a towel covering the window for most of the way, although for some stretches it was removed - allowing for a nice view out the back.

The service from the attendant was quite good as well. I was allowed to sit on the crew side of the cafe car for a good part of the trip.

Also wanted to mention the VL2 Cars seemed to handle the rough Buckingham Branch RR stretch quite well! While the ride in the Cafe car was quite rough through this section, it seemed much smoother when I returned to the room. Other than a slight delay and Flexible dining, I was quite satisfied with my ride on the Cardinal!
1681600397581.png

Seems like both diagrams contradict so I'd go with the bottom one since it was from someone who has helped me on the forums and the map is also from the actual train.

Actually now that I look at it it seems everything on the first image is mirrored.

The best I could find for you right now is this
Source: AMTRAK CAF VIEWLINER 2 INTERIORS
View attachment 32032

and this old post on the forum.
Source: Viewliner II Bag-Dorm roomettes

View attachment 32033

Seems like both diagrams contradict so I'd go with the bottom one since it was from someone who has helped me on the forums and the map is also from the actual train.

Actually now that I look at it it seems everything on the first image is mirrored.
Many thanks! That’s what I was looking for.

Back