Walt Disney World to ORL or KIS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amfleet said:
My parents gave the no on that trip. As ussual they don't trust me alone overnight and are worreid of the train being derailed or "hijacked". Unless some miricle hits them in the back of their head I'm not going. Oh well there's still parts of the Northeast to ponder. B)
Thanks for the help though. :)
Sorry to hear that, Amfleet!

If they're so concerned, could one of them accompany you on that leg of the trip, or at least call you (if you have a cell phone) and make you swear you're at the Metropolitan Lounge (Club Acela, but I still like the old term). They could even take a trip to New York if they wanted to. Even so you're a clear railfan, and if anything you'd spend time either in the Metropolitan Lounge (Club Acela) or taking pictures on the platforms, and could probably care less about New York, except for Grand Central maybe. Just a thought you may think this sounds ridiculous.

Amfleet said:
They know about Club Acela, but still I don't think it's happening. Well anyways thanks for the tips Viewliner. :)
You should point out to your parents my earlier post in this thread, the one about the 12-year-old boy traveling solo cross-country by Greyhound.

Amfleet said:
They know about Club Acela, but still I don't think it's happening. Well anyways thanks for the tips Viewliner. :)
I tried, but think about it this way, in the next couple of years you'll be an adult and your parents won't be able to restrict your (rail) travel. :) Better Luck next time. :(

Amfleet said:
Less than two years. :D The other thing I tried to explain was, at my age shouldn't I "practice" going off on myself and doing these "solo acts".
After all you have your permit, after all the state of Massachusetts trusts you behind the wheel of a car, although you're slightly restricted. Like the car you have to learn about being on your own, you suddenly can't just do it. Maybe first you should do something like a Twilight Shoreliner Trip as a trial.

I would like to do a trail trip that takes me from Boston to New Haven on the Acela Express, New Haven to Springfeild on a Acela Regional, and Springfeild to Boston on the Lake Shore Limited.

Another alternative trip would be to take an Acela Express from Boston to New York, then a Keystone with the new video entertainment from New York to Paoli (near my grandparents) then come back on an Acela Regional through Springfeild.

After that I could graduate to taking the Twilight Shoreliner overnight from Boston to Richmond then Richmond back to Boston on an Acela Regional (#94).

From there I hope the possibilities will be endless. B)

Amfleet said:
I would like to do a trail trip that takes me from Boston to New Haven on the Acela Express, New Haven to Springfeild on a Acela Regional, and Springfeild to Boston on the Lake Shore Limited.
Another alternative trip would be to take an Acela Express from Boston to New York, then a Keystone with the new video entertainment from New York to Paoli (near my grandparents) then come back on an Acela Regional through Springfeild.

After that I could graduate to taking the Twilight Shoreliner overnight from Boston to Richmond then Richmond back to Boston on an Acela Regional (#94).

From there I hope the possibilities will be endless. B)
Me too. :) Good Luck. B)

My parents are in for a real shock next summer. My friend Aaron Carter and Ron, we're all planning to go to Pensacola on the Sunset if it's still around. I'm also planning to go visit a friend in Charlotte in addition to my convention in Baltimore. GUEST REWARDS ALL THE WAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back