WAS-ABQ How many zones?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savoirfaire

Train Attendant
I've looked at the AGR zone map, and I am embarrassed to say that I can't figure out if this is two zones or three. :wacko: From the looks of it, ABQ is "on the border" to me, so that would make it two, right?

Thanks!

Sav

In addition, you can choose any routing that Amtrak reservations will give you (meaing if you're going on a day the Cardinal goes, that routing is available to you).
But I personally think the ride on the Capitol Limited is nicer than the ride on the Cardinal. But that's my personal opinion, since I first rode that B&O route in the 1950s and remember the wonderful ride in the Columbian's dome car with the floodlights on the right side.... passing through the active steel mills near Pittsburgh after dark.

In addition, you can choose any routing that Amtrak reservations will give you (meaing if you're going on a day the Cardinal goes, that routing is available to you).
I wish I could do the Card again, but I think my wife might kill me! She is not the lover of train travel that I am, and we did that route to Chicago last year. Looks like the Cap Ltd. to the Chief for us!

ABQ is where I want to take my big 2-zone cross country from Savannah. 20K points each way. I don't know if they'd let me, but I'd like to route it through BOS on the way out, taking the LSL and then returning on the Cardinal.

Mmmm... What a fun trip that would be. Enough of my own fantasies. YES - WAS to ABQ is only 2 zones. :)

ABQ is where I want to take my big 2-zone cross country from Savannah. 20K points each way. I don't know if they'd let me, but I'd like to route it through BOS on the way out, taking the LSL and then returning on the Cardinal.
Mmmm... What a fun trip that would be. Enough of my own fantasies. YES - WAS to ABQ is only 2 zones. :)
You would have to take the 66 from WAS or NYP to BOS to catch the LSL after getting up to one of those towns from Savannah. See if the routing comes up at Amtrak.com. You might be able to convince someone....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back