WAS Acela Lounge

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

p&sr

OBS Chief
Does anybody know what hours the Club Acela Lounge in Washington DC is open? In particular for the "wee hours" between Midnight and daybreak?

It's definately not open overnight, as it closes at either 9:00 PM or 10:00 PM last I knew, can't recall which. Most likely it reopens at 7:00 AM, but it is possible that it opens as much as an hour earlier.

amtrak.com says the lounge is opened "during station hours" and lists the station hours as midnight to 11:59 pm.

I know that is not true. Seems they would list the correct hours there, but they don't.

I sent an email with that very question about a month ago, and got this reply:

Our Washington Union Station's ClubAcela is open daily from 445am to 10pm.
However, when I was there last weekend, they closed at 9:30pm. Thats about 15 minutes before they start boarding for the #66 (the last train of the day). So it might be up to whomever is working if they stay until 10pm, or close up earlier.

Thanks to all for the info. It looks like overnighting in the Station would have to be in the regular passenger waiting areas. Too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back