Washing your own windows?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious to see if anyone has ever tried washing their own windows during an extended stop. On previous western LD trips, at times the windows have become quite dirty. How might the crew respond to my whipping out an extension pole with brush and squeegee?

Curious to see if anyone has ever tried washing their own windows during an extended stop. On previous western LD trips, at times the windows have become quite dirty. How might the crew respond to my whipping out an extension pole with brush and squeegee?
They'd probably ask you to do the entire train. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi,

I have often cleaned the windows of my roomette when on the lower level... Such a shame that one of Amtrak's major selling points, the fantastic views, are so often hardly visible through grubby windows. Even before the start, Emeryville for example, the windows are dirty. Guess there are no out of work folk who could be employed for this work???

Ed :cool:

If you are going to clean the upper level windows on a Superliner from the platform level, I want to see a picture of it (and one of the reaction of people around too!)
biggrin.gif

Amtrak Standards Manual says: "If an amtrakforum.com member washes his or her window, he or she must notify other members in advance by posting in the forum and wash the window of any amtrakforum.com member who requests it if that other member plans to be on the same train." :giggle:

Well, I think it says it. My glasses need cleaning.

SCA without asking cleaned my lower Roomette window on one trip!

Last time on the w/b SWC, they washed all the sleeper windows and possibly the SSL during the Albuquerque stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back