Watch Out When Transferring CO OnePass Miles

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FunNut

Service Attendant
I just spent 20+ minutes on the phone trying to transfer 20,000 CO OnePass miles into my AGR account. The agent asked for my OnePass account number and PIN, number of miles to transfer, then the AGR account number. She failed to read back the AGR account number and I immediately asked her to repeat it. She informed me the transaction was completed and she couldn't see the AGR account number anymore.

Knowing how often service agents are numerically challenged, I told her there was no way to verify if the miles are going to the correct account. She then got very snippy with me! I was furious. She said she could cancel the transfer and put it a new request. She then had the audacity to complain that I wasn't being nice to her...

With no other recourse, I told her to void the original request and make a new one. I can only pray that the transactions don't get screwed up, since I need to make the AGR reservation next week. The second time she repeated the account number INCORRECTLY, and when I told her it was not right, she argued with me. We went through the drill again and she read back the AGR account correctly. She did give me a script that I must allow up to 10 business days for the transfer to be completed.

The agent's name was Miss Bartlett, if she answers the phone when you call, just hang up and call back.
mad.gif
And when you talk with an agent, tell him/her up front that you want the account numbers read back. Still fuming...

Back