Weakly "Specials"

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

had8ley

Engineer
Moan, grone and sigh...go away for a week and expect miracles from Amtrak. I guess their "Weakly Specials" will be in history books soon as the longest running farce in American railroading history. Oh well; there's always next year.

Moan, grone and sigh...go away for a week and expect miracles from Amtrak. I guess their "Weakly Specials" will be in history books soon as the longest running farce in American railroading history. Oh well; there's always next year.
Have you seen the results for May? The hightest ridership & revenue in Amtrak history. No matter what cities you want to see featured, the trains are full and in some cases, over full. Why discount when Amtrak has trouble handling the record ridership? I think you know enough current employees, who can tell you the trains are full - and expected to be even more full for the rests of the summer. If you are hoping next year will have low ridership and give you the discounts you want, then I am disappointed in you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I know it's no fun but remember it's the peak season. Our only hope for good specials is in the dead of winter. Let's just hope this winter works out way better than last winter.

All I remember from last winter is lots of Empire Builder and a couple weeks of Palmetto. And of course all those short haul 300-series trains out of Chicago were a constant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back