Website errors?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I've been trying to view my reservation on Amtrak.com but it keeps giving me a red error message saying my confirmation number is not valid. I am a little confused because I just copied and pasted the number they sent me in their e-mail. I have tried checking it from both work and home too and I get the same message. I guess maybe their site is having problems, but I'd like to view it online as I am not a big fan of talking to people over the phone. I am thinking about cancelling it and then rebooking a few weeks later.

I just checked a reservation of my own that I booked online. I had no problems pulling mine up to view. However since I have my tickets in front of me, I didn't copy and paste the number from the e-mail. I would manually enter your reservation number and see if that works. You may be copying a "space" or something weird that shouldn't be there like a letter o instead of number 0. If all else fails you will have to call Amtrak, eventhough you may not want to, to be sure your reservation is valid. I don't know why you would want to cancel your reservation and rebook it just because your having a problem bringing it up on the internet. In your case you will still have to call Amtrak to cancel the reservation anyway if you can't bring up the reservation on the web.

Also when you booked your reservation online, you need to be signed in for it to save. Otherwise, I don't think you can view your resevation. Another thing, make sure there are 6 characters. Sometimes only 5 come out. If that happens put a '0' (zero) in front.

Good Luck

Chris

saxman66 said:
Also when you booked your reservation online, you need to be signed in for it to save.
I think this was true with the old website, but not now with the new site. The reason I say this is because I never bothered making out a profile for myself on Amtrak's site, and I didn't have any problems retreiving my reservation online.

Thanks! I typed the number in manually and it worked well! Don't know why I didn't think of that earlier, lol.

Back