Westbound Cross Country Father/Son Trip Booked!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BOSMike

Train Attendant
After returning on a successful westbound LSL trip with my 5 year old son who is crazy about trains, I started to think about a 2010 trip to make it an annual Father/Son trip (hopefully!).

Was going to consider the Denver-Emeryville portion of the CZ westbound, but for the dates in April I was checking it was more for the Bedroom accommodation than to just get the bedroom from Chicago-Emeryville. Well, a for more clicks later and I just went further east. :) Now we're booked on Boston-Emeryville via LSL and CZ. Roomette for the Viewliner and then the Superliner Bedroom for the remainder.

Hopefully I'm not asking too much of a 6 year old next Spring to enjoy 3.5 days on a train. I think he will be thrilled and it'll be a Christmas gift since I won't be telling him about it until then.

Maybe by then the Diner Lite car will be on the Boston-Albany consist and full Viewliner diner on the remainder of the LSL route.

I just read your trip report. Sounds awesome. My husband and I are taking our 7 year old granddaughter on CZ and CL in 24 days (Woo-hoo!!). We are leaving from Sacramento and our final destination is Fredericksville, VA - or "from sea to shining sea" in her words. We have reserved a family bedroom both directions, so should be lots of fun. I think kids and trains are a great combination. What a great way for them to learn about this great country of ours!

Nice trip! Can't wait to read the trip report when you get back. I'll be interested in hearing how the CZ is for kids that age. I think my 6 year old will be fine... he'll be looking the whole time for freight or anything rail related. I'll be thrilled with the scenery.

I just read your trip report. Sounds awesome. My husband and I are taking our 7 year old granddaughter on CZ and CL in 24 days (Woo-hoo!!). We are leaving from Sacramento and our final destination is Fredericksville, VA - or "from sea to shining sea" in her words. We have reserved a family bedroom both directions, so should be lots of fun. I think kids and trains are a great combination. What a great way for them to learn about this great country of ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back