What are you doing on National Train Day? May 9th

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diesteldorf

Lead Service Attendant
I apologize if this has been posted before. Right now, I am planning to go to Union Station in Chicago to check out the festivities. I'll ride from La Crosse to Chicago on the EB. Then I'm planning to take a short round trip to Glenview on the Hiawatha. Lastly, I am taking the City of New Orleans to Carbondale, IL in lieu of getting a hotel room. It helps since I got the low bucket. Then, I'll ride back to La Crosse on Sunday.

I'll be riding the Sunset Limited... on Day 3 of my Spring 2009 USA Tour.

(San Diego to Portland, Maine via New Orleans and Virginia Beach, then back to Martinez via NYP and Chicago)

I'll be in DC manning the MARC Riders' Advisory Council booth, so if anyone's going to be around, let me know!
Rafi
Rafi,

I will be in DC arriving by the first Acela of the day from Metropark, and leaving by the 4pm Acela back to Metropark. So hopefully see you there.

I will be in DC that day. I will arrive on that morning's Crescent and leave that afternoon back to ATL.

So I hope to see jis, rafi and many more!!!

I'll be in DC manning the MARC Riders' Advisory Council booth, so if anyone's going to be around, let me know!
Rafi
Rafi, I'll be in DC all day, so I'll see you there :) .

Rafi
Rafi,

I will be in DC arriving by the first Acela of the day from Metropark, and leaving by the 4pm Acela back to Metropark. So hopefully see you there.

Hey, I'll be on that same Acela! Maybe we could meet in the cafe car.

cpamtfan-Peter

What will I be doing? Wishing I were on a train.
same here :(
Maybe we can get ourselves one of these

ss_101327746.jpg

My wife and I will be second day out (wine tasting day) on the #7 Empire Builder. This will be our third rail day, of eight, on our next Amtrak excursion. We are excited! Looks like it's going to happen, although bypassing Grand Forks, Devils Lake and Rugby. Will have to re-figure our rail miles. Will be an ice breaker to open conversation with our conductor! ;)

I'd like to take a Surfliner down to LAUS, but I don't know how feasible that is since I have a choir concert that night.

My hubby & I will be returning from our first ever Amtrak rail adventure on May 8th, so we're going to miss National Train Day. :-(

But I will definitely plan our trip for next year to include being at LAUS for the festivities! :)

Happy T-Rails to everyone who will be traveling!

~Cheree~

I will be in DC that day. I will arrive on that morning's Crescent and leave that afternoon back to ATL.
It will be good to see you again Bill. Looking forward to it. Perhaps we can plan on meeting up by Rafi's MARC place by noon, if we don't bump into each other somewhere before then. My train gets in around 10:50am.

It will be good to see you again Bill. Looking forward to it. Perhaps we can plan on meeting up by Rafi's MARC place by noon, if we don't bump into each other somewhere before then. My train gets in around 10:50am.
It will be good to see you again, too. We had a good trip back from LA last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back