what does Amtrak do when sewage flows from toilet to luggage in lower

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimSpencer

Train Attendant
what does Amtrak do when sewage flows from toilet to luggage in lower deck?

I was looking for Amtrak videos on YouTube and saw this one:

The onboard crew puts on their nitrile gloves (gloves of blue) , rolls up their pants cuffs, calls for help from the next qualified contracted Amtrak plumber down-line - and deals with the problem.

Sooo glad I never have had to deal with something like this.

The onboard crew puts on their nitrile gloves (gloves of blue) , rolls up their pants cuffs, calls for help from the next qualified contracted Amtrak plumber down-line - and deals with the problem.
Does Amtrak compensate the passengers for the clean up or replacement of the suitcases?

Does Amtrak compensate the passengers for the clean up or replacement of the suitcases?
I assume they would be referred to the claims dept. for review.

There's an in depth page about baggage liability on amtrak.com - you can see it here: Lost Items & Limited Liability for Baggage

From that page, concerning carry-on luggage:

Limited Liability for BaggageAmtrak accepts no liability for the following:

For Carry-On BaggageAmtrak disclaims all liability for carry-on baggage, including special items, even if Amtrak personnel have handled or assisted in loading or unloading the baggage.

For Checked BaggageAmtrak disclaims all liability for:

• missing or stolen items inside unlocked or unsecured baggage.
  • minor damages to baggage considered normal wear and tear (despite reasonable care when handling).
  • baggage that was transported without travel of the owner of the items via Amtrak or payment of the applicable storage charges.
  • loss or damage to prohibited baggage items, items packed with prohibited items, and baggage containing prohibited items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back