What happened to the Pioneer Parlour???

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amtrakadirondack

Lead Service Attendant
I've scene pictures of it on Trainweb, but where is the Pioneer Parlour??? Is it in storage? Converted back to a Dining Car? What happened to it? ;)

amtrakadirondack said:
I've scene pictures of it on Trainweb, but where is the Pioneer Parlour??? Is it in storage? Converted back to a Dining Car? What happened to it? ;)
Discontinued with the Pioneer back in 1997. There weren't enough Sightseer Lounges for it so it used a Superliner I Diner as a lounge instead. It's ashame that that train (as well as the Desert Wind and Floridian) aren't around today. Its probably running as a diner again.

Viewliner said:
amtrakadirondack said:
Discontinued with the Pioneer back in 1997. There weren't enough Sightseer Lounges for it so it used a Superliner I Diner as a lounge instead. It's ashame that that train (as well as the Desert Wind and Floridian) aren't around today. Its probably running as a diner again.
It was actually a Superliner II Diner, not I. I wonder if the images applied above the windows are still present today.

I would think they've been removed, they look sort of like where advertisements would be on a commuter train. It would be cool if they were still there.

Amfleet, how do you know it was a Superliner II Diner? (is it the photos on trainweb?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back