What happened to the Silvers (7/29/17) on 7/30/17?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennyk

Amtrak Rider
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
According to "Track A Train," both 97 and 91 are traveling at a slow pace on what I think are freight tracks west of JAX. They appear to be very close together (or combined) traveling towards JAX at 30 mph.

Am I reading Track A Train wrong or has something really odd happened to or on the A line?

You're reading it correctly. There is a CSX train on the ground south of JAX and they are combined and detouring between JAX-PAK.

Thanks. It has been fascinating watching the progress on Track A Train.

Did they bypass JAX (and bus passengers)? It looks like the 2 trains are separated now (or I could be reading Track A Train wrong)

Will 98, 52 and 92 also be detoured? Looks like 98 is detouring right now.

Edit to ask another question: Were JAX passengers transferred to and from the train at a station or at a crossing?

Looks like 52 will be detoured. It seems like 52 is standing still right now before the detour (on the old Sunset route to Baldwin). Waiting for a CSX pilot?

Last edited by a moderator:
98 has cleared the detour at Callahan, FL. Now it's 52's turn, although it hasn't moved yet; maybe waiting for a pilot. Should be interesting, as that detour route appears from Google maps to require a backing move at Baldwin, FL.

98 has cleared the detour at Callahan, FL. Now it's 52's turn, although it hasn't moved yet; maybe waiting for a pilot. Should be interesting, as that detour route appears from Google maps to require a backing move at Baldwin, FL.
52 is now moving on the detour.

Back