What the?????

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfleet

Engineer
Check out this photo that Viewliner took on one of his trips (I happened to run into it while reading one of his travelogues) and then take a close look at the coffee maker.

abr62040ie.jpg

Can anyone explain? Viewliner, did you notice what I'm seeing when you took the photo?

Look closer - is the BK logo on a mug handle?

Maybe it was just someone's coffee mug (maybe even Viewliner's)?

Maybe Burger King's Brand of Liquid Coffee is inside. :lol: And I'd rather have Hash Browns Brandon.

Yes, I noticed that, in fact I might have seen another one in a Temoinsa diner, its certainly peculiar. I like the original airline-style coffeemakers that were in the Viewliners. The BK Logo is definitely on the coffeemaker, it wasn't my mug, I either use a paper Amtrak cup or if I have my stainless steel cup with me that (otherwise its a mug in the diner, or one of my 4 Silver Service mugs, or an Amtrak mug complete with a P42). My guess is its either purchased secondhand from BK, or taken from their trash.

Or maybe Sunnyside took that from BK, hoping nobody would notice the missing video equipment. :lol:

Hey Amfleet, I actually noticed two areas of question in that pic!!! Yeah the "Burger King" Logo stands out!!! But I noticed that on the bottom of the machine (down where it is really dark in the pic, gotta really look) there is a handwritten "out of order, goto the next car" sign down below!!! And it is written on a "carry out" tray from the lounge car!

Well shoot, no wonder not anyone notices, or even cares about that being that is just a normal thing on Amtrak these days!!! LOL But it sure is funny to see a picture of that on the web!!!!

Maybe I should create a separate section for odd images, as a few come to mind. That car was #62040 "Summer View", which was my sleeper (9710) on March 20-21, 2003. I don't know how you noticed the sign without making the image negative.

I'd rather have hash browns as well, but with all of these cost-cutting measures, Amtrak can only cook fries and just serve them all day long. :blink:

Viewliner said:
I don't know how you noticed the sign without making the image negative.
Easy!!! You simply adjust the contrast and/or the brightness of your monitor! That is all I did in order to notice bcuz I could only see the corner of the sign a little bit at first. Heylook at it this way; if someone has good photo software, they could copy the pic, and doctor it up a little on their computer, and see for themself. But this was a simple one..........adjust the monitor settings a little!

What a good shot! Now where's the donuts!!!!

least the juice is there!

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :D :D :D :D B) B) B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back