What to do after Shuffiling off to Buffalo?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RRrich

Conductor
We will be taking The Canadian to Toronto then the Maple Leaf which will get us into Buffalo at 1:30 pm. Then the Lake Shore Limited get in at 11:30 pm. What to do during those ten hours?

Hah! Me and my wife will be doing the exact same thing next Wednesday! The good news is, the Maple Leaf is running exactly on-time into Buffalo these days. The bad? The LSL is running pretty regularly 30 to 50 minutes behind schedule, meaning an after-midnight boarding time. Ug...

Anyway...

We are renting a car ($40 from Enterprise for the day) and will be picked up from the Buffalo/Depew station at 1:30. We're going to do some sightseeing, going to Niagara Falls, eating some Buffalo wings, and the like. We are dropping the car off at the Enterprise and will take a cab back to the station to catch the LSL to Chicago.

Hi, I have visited Buffalo twice, and found the architecture interesting... The city has quite a faded post industrial "past its best" feeling.

You can alight from the Maple leaf either at Depew, or Exchange street in the city itself, and take a bus to Niagara falls from the bus station, if you don't want a hire car. The Lake Shore only departs from Depew station which is a bit out of town.

Ed :cool:

Buy a ticket to either Rochester or Syracuse for the Maple Leaf and stay onboard to one of those stops. Also buy a ticket on the LSL back to Buffalo and reduces your wait time in a nicer city/station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back