When is the 2023 Crescent annulment south of Atlanta?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortline

Conductor
I can't find it now but saw a post on FB somewhere that the Crescent was going to be annulled South of Atlanta again beginning very soon. I know it's an annual thing, but can't remember when it usually is-Any ideas? I have a trip next month, just trying to get ahead of the game if I need to make a change. Thanks,

Great......We're leaving Birmingham to WAS-CHI-LAX on the 13th......Haven't heard from Amtrak about it yet. Guess we'll start looking for other arrangements if we need to. I just tried to book again, BHM-WAS, and it's letting it book, with no mention of a bus-Is it just certain days again maybe? I seem to remember some days it ran, some it was annulled.

Maybe the 13th is a train day? Some days do show mixed service for the 9th-12th, the 13th however, shows just the train. Maybe I got lucky and booked for a good day! Really don't want to take a bus to ATL, just to wait around for a late night departure from Atlanta. If it ends up cancelling might change my trip to fly to NY, then take the Lakeshore instead of the Capitol to continue on to LA.....But would MUCH rather just get on here in BHM......One can hope.

Again, checking in the reservation system, it is indeed running on weekends between Atlanta and New Orleans.

BTW, I am not using any inside knowledge here. Just doing tests at amtrak.com. Anyone with a laptop or smartphone can do the same.

From NOL it appears that Fr-Sa-Su are running Mo-Th are bustituted. At least that appears to be the case in the week of interest which includes 13 Fr. So @Shortline you should be fine, at east so far.

Back