Where oh where is #207

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AMTRAK-P42

Conductor
Haha, ok well about 8-9 months ago I tried tracking down my #207 (Which coincidently is also my favorite P42), with no luck. I debated making this topic 8 months later, but I went for it.

I last saw a picture of her in August of 2003 traveling eastbound on the Empire Builder, that photo can be viewed here. Have not seen any pictures, or heard anything of her whereabouts since then.

Just wanted to check in and see if anyone has any news.

It's on train #822 today, the "Heartland Flyer" between FTW and OKC. In the consist is some ex-Santa Fe hi-levels, and cabcar NPCU #90229.

Been running the Flyer since January 25th. Hope this helps -- If you don't mind me asking, why is "207" your particular favorite? Is it just because it's the highest P42 number?

I beat you to the punch Chris. I PM'd him the info about half hour ago. Thanks for looking as well.

Yea, I appreciate it. In all honesty, yes it probably is my fav. because it is the newest unit of the series. My other favorite would have to be #168, due largely to the fact that it is the last-highest number engine with the "lower band" paint scheme.

Dude, you're not going to believe this but I saw it two hours ago leading EB Texas Eagle into Dallas Union Station! It arrived at 16:17.

Interestingly, today's consist only had two coaches. It's been running three for months, so maybe one was BOd.

So, cue the Twilight Zone theme, Amtrak-P42 . . .

You mean Gunn. :lol: Viewliner and both think gunn should have his name painted on Engine one, like Gov. Tommy Thompson did on 182.

Maybe we should give Gunn an honorary scheme, say a variation of IVB/VI or something like that. If Claytor got a sleeper (which was well deserved), I think Gunn should definitely get #1. As for good old George "Self Sufficency" Warrington, I think we ought to give him a trash can in Newark. :lol:

This P-42's for you.

207ATK_SHEN.jpg

battalion51 said:
I know she's your baby just like I have mine. 51, 129, 141, 165, and 187.   :D   :D
Well I had one of your babys this summer. You can check out that pic here on my website. Not the greatest photo ever, but she is still looking sharp. :)

Wait, when was that picture taken? It's sorta funny I saw the 129 on the Cap goin to Chicago (while I was in Washington) on Sunday, then that Friday it was my leader on 98. What are the odds?

That picture was taken August 3, 2003. It was my lead unit up to New York, or technically to Washington. That might help explain why the picture is not very good, I had to hurry and get back on the train! :lol:

I guess it was still hanging around Intercity East since I hit on July 6 and 10.

Last I checked on ARROW, 207 was bad-ordered due to traction motor problems. I can't recall specifically, but believe it was shuttled to Chicago last week...

F40PHR231 said:
Last I checked on ARROW, 207 was bad-ordered due to traction motor problems. I can't recall specifically, but believe it was shuttled to Chicago last week...
Oh crap :( , well I saw a picture of her about a week ago headed south...so hopefully it was fixed....

It's possible that it died while it was on the Capitol. Don't worry about it P-42, this sort of stuff happens all the time. In fact the School Boy had a traction motor die on Engine 6 on the 19th. It's no big deal.

battalion51 said:
It's possible that it died while it was on the Capitol. Don't worry about it P-42, this sort of stuff happens all the time. In fact the School Boy had a traction motor die on Engine 6 on the 19th. It's no big deal.
Well I do know it happens all the time, but no, not to my baby :lol:

If it makes you feel any better, one of my babies (165) is dirty, New Haven hasn't washed her in three weeks or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back